AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got new speakers (4 infinity alpha 50's and a beta 50 as center) and subwoofers (2 eD a2-300's) to replace my acoustimass 10 and reset my speakers using EZset-eq to a new setting from where the bose were and expected the eq to adjust tone and balance levels slightly. What happened was I totally lost volume control. My default volume level is -33db (like someone speaking) and when the unit turns on after the reset it only comes on full tilt hammer mode (call the cops loud) I didn't know it could get so loud,and the volume doesn't adjust anymore until it mutes at -80db. I just have the subs unplugged because they are doing the same thing. Before I made any setting changes the volume worked perfectly and the subs were close to balanced with the mains, just changed the eq map from the bose and after that the problem happened.

How can I clear out all the settings I made and restore a factory default?

Right now its aweful. all or nothing. The numbers move when I turn the dial but it stays full volume until mute. Could the volume be broken? this is an Ebay item. I was using an optical from the satelllite box and tried RCA and got the same results. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
found the answer on another forum and it now works like a champ!!

excuse the cut and paste but this helps

you need to reset the receiver, hold the sure mode and tuner mode at the same time with the unit of(or in stand by).this will reset thwe receiver the only down fall is you will have to reset all of your settings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts