AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the GGW-H20L and am having trouble trying to get it to install on my Hp a6320n computer. I turn off the computer, then connect the drive to a SATA port on my mother board, hook up the power cord. However, when I turn the computer on and windows loads, the computer crashes and I get a blue screen saying a problem occured with hardware and then it says something about dumping memory and then the computer reboots. This loop keeps going until I unhook the drive. I have tried a sata port that I was using for an extra hard drive. Would it help if I got a PCI Sata card and installed that. I am using AMD processor.

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
specifically I get the blue screen that says IRQL_NOT_less_or_equal and then when windows reboots get this info box from microsoft

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: a

BCP1: FFFFFFE0

BCP2: 00000002

BCP3: 00000000

BCP4: 8225F934

OS Version: 6_0_6001

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\\Windows\\Minidump\\Mini062508-02.dmp

C:\\UsersAppData\\Local\\Temp\\WER-44475-0.sysdata.xml

C:\\UsersAppData\\Local\\Temp\\WERD1DE.tmp.version.txt

·
Registered
189 Posts
Have you checked if the drive gets recognized by the BIOS? Have you tried different SATA connections on the mainboard?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had the exact same problem. It's your Sata controller's drivers. Check to see if there are any new chipset drivers for your motherboard. I downloaded new ones and it came right up no problem.

Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies. Ornette, I checked the BIOS and yes the drive is listed and I have tried other ports. HP live support thinks it is my video card which came with the computer and that I should try installing a new video card. I looked on the box of the drive and it recommends using several video cards and my video card is not there. The video card doesn't make much sense to me as I can edit HDV from my camcorder and capture HDTV over the air and edit those clips.

I will look and see if there is any new SATA drivers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the sata driver update and updated the sata controller, but drive still crashes windows. Called LG and they are sending a replacement drive. Hopefully that will solve the issue. Oh and new graphics card did not do the trick either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

First, i dont know if you have already resolved this issue.

I recently bought my BlueRay LG drive, as you did i connect in my pc, then startup and have blue screens or it doesnt work (it doesnt open the tray), then i reinstall it in a new PC, then i install the OS (Vista) and it works well untill i load the HP display driver and utilities (HP My Display) then i cant use the drive.

What i did is uninstall the My Display Utility and download the LCD driver for my hw 2207h display, now it is working fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts