AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi eveyone, I'm new to HTPC & crt pj.I've got aNec PG9 in v.g.c. & recently purchased a pc for mainly dvd playback.I 've encountered some problems with the interface btw pc & pj.Hope you guys could help.

Problems :

1) when I connect my pc to the nec via a generic vga to 5bnc breackout cable, the top 30% of the image is slightly distorted (S shape) but the test pattern lines & squares are straight. when using standalone dvd player via s-video connection, there's no problem.Is it too much electronic convergence adjustments? I'm using only PowerDVD at 1024 x 768 at 60Hz

2)I tried to connect the pc to a Barco 'Universal VGA Interface' as splitter with the D15 output to the pc monitor & the 5bnc output to pj in the hope of better PQ using proper 75 ohm Canare cables & adjustibility of the R,G & B colour afforded by the Barco unit. The image is OK (but with the same above problem) but another problem is when I hit any of the buttons on the Nec remotes, instead of the data/ menu projected on the image as should be,there's white scan lines across the image inplace of the info. As such I could not adjust alignment nor convergence.In fact I could do no adjustment. Is it that the barco interface unit is not compatible with Nec pj or is there some adjustment to be done.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you & regards.

Lee

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Not sure what's going on with your PG, but they work perfectly right off the VGA with a breakout cable. You do not need anything else in between.

Did you make a new entry for your HTPC? Try a different breakout cable, it seems they are not all alike.

Marc

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Lee, let us know how it turns out. FYI, I use 1024X768 as a test as well, and had no issues at all. I also use 72hz. This is not "optimal" but is a handy setup to check the functionality of the projector. I use a Radeon 7000 card. No issues. If your problems persist, you may have to move the horizontal phase a touch.

Marc

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
been busy couple of days & just last night installed Powerstrip & voila ,the 'S-shape' at the top had disappeared but running Powerdvd alone w/o pstrip the S-shape still appears.At least now i have a solution.Now to see how I can get the Barco VGA interface to work as I really want the Canare 5 bnc's instead of the generic vga-bnc breakout.

How to set my dvd-rom to region free?searched the thread 'dvd killer region' & downloaded the region killer software but still did not work.Pioneer dvd A06 drive still prompt 'Unsupported disc format"Have I miss out on any procedure?After downloading killer region I just click 'Enable killer region' & 'Automatic region select' & hit the 'Play' on Pdvd but no success.Any ideas gratly appreciated.

Merry Christmas.

Lee

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
You have to change the firmware of your DVD drive, only up to the Pioneer A04 was it region free in the firmware. Yours has built in region encoding. Do some more searching, this is all on the net.(Or get an older DVD rom drive !)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
been busy couple of days & just last night installed Powerstrip & voila ,the 'S-shape' at the top had disappeared but running Powerdvd alone w/o pstrip the S-shape still appears.At least now i have a solution.Now to see how I can get the Barco VGA interface to work as I really want the Canare 5 bnc's instead of the generic vga-bnc breakout.

How to set my dvd-rom to region free?searched the thread 'dvd killer region' & downloaded the region killer software but still did not work.Pioneer dvd A06 drive still prompt 'Unsupported disc format"Have I miss out on any procedure?After downloading killer region I just click 'Enable killer region' & 'Automatic region select' & hit the 'Play' on Pdvd but no success.Any ideas gratly appreciated.

Merry Christmas.

Lee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.