AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made the switch over from DirecTV to E* all the way. Previously I had only HBO and Showtime on E* and everything else on DTV. Then my DTC100 quit working (after 15 loyal months).

So I bought the OTA module for my 6000. Tonite was the first night I had the chance to watch OTA HDTV on CBS. Now my picture doesn't look as sharp as the DTC's image. Even the CBS bumpers don't look as real as they did with the DTC.

But HBO and Showtime continue to look as good as they always have (depending on the transfer).

I felt it was much less expensive ($99 versus $500) to just add the module as opposed to getting a new DTC100.

Did anyone notice that tonight CBS-DT was not as sharp and clear as it usually is or is the 6000's HDTV OTA inferior to the DTC100? I have the 6000 set to 1080i just as the DTC100 was.

Lee

[This message has been edited by LeeAntin (edited 03-19-2001).]

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Hi Lee,

I can't compare the 6000 with the DTC, but I just took a look at "The King of Queens" on the 6000, the Unity Motion STB, and the Panasonic STB. The picture was essentially identical on all three.

Jerry

------------------

(The original Jerry G, not the new member named Jerry_G)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jerry. I appreciate the heads up.

QUESTION...You have 3 HD-STB's? Do you use them for certain programming as I did when I had 2?

Lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.