AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Toshiba 42H81 set up on Friday, and in watching 4:3 broadcasts I've noticed that the left grey bar is a different color than the right grey bar. It seems to indicate a subtle fade from blue to red as you go from left to right on the screen. There doesn't seem to be any color change from top to bottom. Its a pretty subtle change and I've not been able to detect it while watching widescreen material. I do have an A/V receiver sitting about 10 inches to the right of the base of the TV, is it possible the magnetic field is influencing the guns? Is this something that may go away after more break-in time? Any advice would be appreciated.

This is my first RPTV so I'm not sure if the same rules apply like they do for tubes as far as picture irregularities.

Aside from this, I am blown away by the picture on this TV, I'm just in awe at how much better DVDs can look. In the 3 or 4 movies I've watched to this point, I'm noticing many things I hadn't seen before. :)

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks for the link to the tweak for this. I'm not ready to break into my set yet to do this but I'm glad its "normal" and that there's a fix for it.

Here's a follow-up stupid question... doesn't this affect the focus/clarity of the projected image?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.