AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm having a problem connecting my Samsung UN60ES7150 60-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Slim LED HDTV (purchased at Costco) to my wireless home network. When I purchased the TV it came with a LinkStick, though I've since misplaced it. I've been assured by Samsung Technical Support that the LinkStick is not required to connect to a wireless home network (so why did it come with one?). The TV connected to my wireless home network using the LinkStick but now, without it, I can't connect. I've tried everything:

1. Following the usual procedure (Menu -> Network -> Network Setup, etc.).

2. Placing the wireless next to the TV (so there can be no question about signal strength).

3. Resetting the TV back to factory defaults (which, interestingly, DOESN'T actually reset the TV back to factory defaults, for, during the ensuing setup, the TV "remembers" my home networks, even when they are unplugged and not running...!).

4. Recycling the router.

5. Fiddling with IP addresses, including DNS server (8.8.8.8).

6. Updating my firmware to the latest version (3/14/2014).

I have been in contact with Samsung support and they have escalated the issue so that now I have a ticket number, upon which I'm anxiously awaiting further action.

Interestingly, the TV connects flawlessly using a wired connection (which, unfortunately, is not practical for me, given the layout of my house).

The behavior during Network Setup is quite aberrant and too complicated to describe briefly.

I'm guessing that this is a software issue, and if I had some way to TRULY reset the TV back to factory defaults (so it "forgot" my networks and truly went through the setup process like it did the very first time, right out of the box) - maybe things would work.

If anyone has experienced a similar problem, or has a fix, I'd very much appreciate the input. Thanks, in advance...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
so you can go into network settings, choose wireless, and it shows list of wireless networks? Or you can't get that far?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts