AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:Hey everyone, appologies if the answer is somewhere in the forum but I couldn't find it.

My problem...

I'm trying to use my flat panel and HDTV on my Sapphire Radeon 9500. All I want to do is run video on the secondary display so I can do other things on the primary. Here's the kill, DVD's and DivX's will play happily on the secondary display but mpeg2 files will only display a black box (audio plays) on the secondary (they play fine on the primary - I've made my HDTV the primary temporarlity as a work-around but that's not an acceptable solution).

The mpg files are made by my WinTV 250, I'm running WinXP, DX9, Radeon 9500, Sonic or WinDVD (both have same issue). I primarily play the files in Zoom but the native Sonic/WinDVD players do the same thing (no secondary). I tried VMR9 but everything crashes when I hit play.

I'm really at a loss since DVD's (mpeg2) will play on either display fine but my recorded files (also mpeg2) won't. H*** I can even play DVD's on both displays at the same time (Zoom and WinDVD).

This is highly frustrating so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad

·
Registered
53 Posts
unfortionatly, using hdtv as pri is the only way to do it. something about overlay i think

·
Registered
23,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anybody?

As I said, some video will play fine (DVD's, DivX's) but straight .mpg mpeg2 files don't play on my secondary display (doesn't matter which display I set as secondary). I don't use powerstrip since my "HDTV" is basically a 36" 800x600 monitor. Overlay, VMR, doen't make a difference. Can't get VMR9 to work.

Thanks again,

Chad

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have had this problem a few times with my ATI 7000. I remember certain files would display, and other wouldn't. I fixed it by picking the display option that would mirror the primary's display on the secondary. I'm not sure that will help you because I don't know which drivers you are using, but it's work a look!

·
Registered
23,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
L1st3r,

I already looked at that, I'm running the Catalyst 3.2, but I can't find the Theater Mode (display video on primary full-screen on secondary) anywhere in the ATI CP, don't know if I'm and idiot or if that feature was removed.

Thanks,

Chad

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ummm, yea, I couldn't find it either. So I went ahead and installed the older control panel as well. It doesn't overwrite any of the drivers that I could tell, and worked fine in my system. THe file you are lookin for is:

CONTROL-PANEL-6-13-10-3027-efg.exe

if you can find that on ATI's site, try it if you're bold. I know it worked for me!

·
Registered
23,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
L1st3r,

Wow, that's old, like 6 versions back, I don't think I'm going to try anything that old.

Anyway, I found a bandaid (not a solution), it turns out that if I disable DXVA everything will play on the secondary. Something seems wrong with that.

Thanks,

Chad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.