AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem receiving the DirecTV signal. Equip: HD SR5, Hughes E25. I am using two dishes, oval for 101 and round for 119. No problems with 101. Subscribed for HBO-TC. I can only get a signal for transponders 28, 30, and 32 on the 119(signal strengths in the mid 90's). I can not get a picture for any of the 119 programing that I am aware of. Second dish connected through Mits 4x4 multiswitch. Any suggestions?

Thanks John

·
Registered
490 Posts
If you are only getting signal on 28, 30, and 32 then you won't get 199 or 509. I've heard most reports saying that they are on 23 or 25.

It sounds like like you are not getting any odd transponders on 119.

You should get signal on transponders 22 through 32.

It could be one of several things.

1) the multiswitch could be bad on the input for the 119 odds.

2) the cable could be bad between the 119 LNB and the odd side of the multiswitch.

3) one side of the 119 LNB could be bad.

It could be other things, but that's a good place to start.

I can't remember if 13v or 18v does the odds, but if you search the forum someone just covered it a few days ago.

------------------

-Jr.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again for your help. I was on the wrong bird. I now have my first HD picture after starting this process a year ago.

John

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. What do you think of the following: Connect leads from the "A" LNB aimed at the 101 that I know is working to "B" inputs on the multiswitch (to test B side of multiswitch). Then connect leads from the 119 dish to the "a" side of the multiswitch (to test LNB for 119 dish). Am I correct that it does not matter which lead is connect to the 13 or the 18?

Thanks,

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.