AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having problems with my Panasonic PT-50LC14, had a big yellow blotch in the screen. After reading an old thread on this forum I figured out what was wrong and proceeded to read more. The problem was the blue polarizer on one of the lens had burnt out. A member suggested to buy a small sheet of Vermillion 2x2 stock #AX27803 polarizer for $6.50 from anchoroptics I called them, it seems they no longer sold the 2x2 and only sold the 8x11 Vermillion stock #AX27813 for $38.25. After searching for a cheaper solution I realized I was going to have to buy this. All said and done it cost me $52.00 and it was well worth it. I tore into my projection tv and repaced it and it works better than the day it was bought. If anyone has this problem and needs the Vermillion polarizer feel free to contact me. I can also answer any questions you need to ask on the replacement. Thanks AVS members, I could not have fixed my TV without your help
(email: [email protected] )

·
Registered
16,728 Posts
I will add this to the repair sticky at the top of this sub forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Frank, do you have any more of that polarizing film? Anchor Optics is all out, and I was hoping to get some to repair my TV. I'd love to buy some from you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts