AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Women are from Venus, men are from Mars.

·
Registered
860 Posts
"So thats what you have been doing, working on this 'fire' thing. Well,

its obvious we won't be going out of the cave as much, plus this thing

is now more work for me, since I am going to be cooking on it. Plus,

I have noticed everyone is sitting around mindlessing staring at it. Put

that "wheel" thing you are working on down right now, I don't need

any other problems !"

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gammans
Women are from Venus, men are from Mars.
Gosh I'm glad I'm from the Earth.

·
Registered
225 Posts
...And all I noticed was that the aspect ratio of the sets in these cartoons looks ridiculous! Do they really make wide-screen rear projection sets this wide?! (and it looks like the one pictured in the cartoon today is even wider.) It would appear that Guisewite doesn't know a thing about home theater (but maybe her point is she really doesn't care).

Dennis

(aka Mr. Oblivious - who thinks a projection TV's a great purchase - as

opposed to rings (which don't do anything) or shoes (how many pairs of

shoes can one reasonably have?) or flowers (which quickly die).

·
Registered
564 Posts
I thinks she's right. That guy bought a 5k plasma. She needs a guy with more brains. Some one with 9" CRTs. :)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
2.76:1 aspect ratio RPTV...Drooool...The sheer waste is intoxicating....must buy...

-Allen

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well...we see why Cathy is still single...

I laughed at the cartoon, but not for the reason that the cartoonist intended. I laughed because in the past week my wife (who is not really a gadget or tech person) told me she wanted a nice little 42" plasma for the bedroom and a TIVO for it and the main RPTV.

I do like the super-wide screen...we could see the whole field, even while zoomed it!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I think I'm glad I bought the TV before I am even close to getting married, that way, it's a permanent fixture and must be "dealt with" or "accepted" when it comes time to move into a house with that someone special. God knows mostly any woman wouldn't have approved of the 65" RPTV I have now in my living room with a 8-11 foot viewing distance.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The next scene should be... Kathy joyously weeping over "Love Story" on the big screen while the guy is wathing the big game on a portable in the basement.

·
Registered
533 Posts
My wife was not Cathy, but said "if that is what you want, OK. But I will never watch it." Now if I say that X is on, she asks if it is HD, and if so, she is in there before I am.

"The proof of the pudding ..."

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have always reviled that stupid comic. That and The Family Circus should be banned from the funny pages for eternity on grounds of immense suckery.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MrGonk
I have always reviled that stupid comic. That and The Family Circus should be banned from the funny pages for eternity on grounds of immense suckery.
Agreed. It always tickles me to see the xx-year-old format that apparently people can't get enough of:

Blah.

Yes, Blah.

Blah?

Oh... blah blah.

Indeed, blah.

I mean, blah blah blah! If I blah blah, I can't blah blah!!! The sky is falling and I take everything too seriously and out of context!!!! I keep adding more and more exclamation marks the more I talk!!!!! Blah!

Blah.

Blah, indeed.

*sigh*

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DTGallagher
...It would appear that Guisewite doesn't know a thing about home theater (but maybe her point is she really doesn't care).

It's a comic strip, not an article from "The Perfect Vision" :p

·
Registered
163 Posts
I know they are broken I have tried numerous times to get to the day the cartoon was out...

No luck on google...

Anyone saved them?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MrGonk
Agreed on Family Circus. However I have laughed at Cathy a couple times when I have actually choosen to read it. Now Garfield... THAT should be banned.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.