AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by petekalo
There is a 3 inch wide vertical yellow bar down the right half of my brand new tv on all inputs. Has anyone seen this before? Pics to come.
If this is occuring on all inputs and with more than one external device, I would recommend you return it for another one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, update.

I was able to make the yellow bar go away by fiddling with the display's color settings. I could also make it appear by playing an h264 encoded 720p video file I had on my PS3 connected via HDMI. Then the bar would persist through all inputs. After a couple rounds of this the bar disappeared and would not show up even if I played the video.

I was not exactly comfortable with this situation, I feared that the video processor had some defect that may reappear. So I had TigerDirect send a replacement which just came today, I cannot get the bar to appear if I play the video, so I guess it was a good decision.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Petekalo, I purchased a new-out-of-the-box KDL-46NX810 from Costco on12/28/2011, set it up on 12/29/2011. After setting the WiFi, sound and picture characteristics, I began to set the Sony remote to operate my DirecTV HD H20 receiver. Part way into the setup (entering and testing each of 24 codes), a 2.5 inch wide vertical band appeared heralded by a "bong" sound. The band is yellow under some circumstances and red under others. It subdivides into yellow and red sub-bands depending on what is being displayed on the screen. I moved the HDMI input to different jacks, but no change. The band persists even if no input is connected.

Both Costco and Sony Customer Service claim no historical knowledge of this issue. Remedial suggestions made by them did not solve the problem. The set will be returned.

Another instance of this problem was discovered on an Arabic website (thank you Google Translator).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.