AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently installed a Synology 406e NAS and I'm generally quite pleased with it, but I have been unable to get EyeTV (2.3.3) to record off-air TV directly to the NAS - it produces unusably glitchy recording full of dropouts in sound and video. The details are:

- using EyeTV 410 (firewire) to receive UK SD TV (2-3 GB per hour)

- Mac Mini Intel core duo

- wired 100 Mbs Ethernet

The workaround that I use is to record to the internal hrd drive and then move the recordings to the NAS. They then play back off the NAS with no problems.

My question is: do others see this problem with their NAS?

Georgio

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have a ReadyNAS NV and a computer with two EyeTV 500s recording HDTV. I am able to record two HDTV programs at once directly across my network to my ReadyNAS.

I am sorry I can't be of more help to you, other than to say that it definitely is possible.

-Sean

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Seank,

I know this is an old thread, but what switch are you using. My setup is a macmini, a D-link DGS-1216T and a Netgear Readynas NV+, but I'm experiencing halts of 5-8 secs in both playback and recording.

Any tips?

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.