AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the replay can't tune subchannels, this is different.

When I first set it up, the replay could tune to the regular OTA channels fine....2, 6, whatever.

Now, when you choose a channel that is normally OTA, I get a 711 message from my sat box, because the replay has tried to tune that channel as satellite channel.

I haven't changed anything (that I'm aware of).

I can tune channels fine manually through the 160 remote. I've tried 7110 and 7110a blaster codes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you looked at channel numbers over 1000?

The Replay will normally assign the lowest channel numbers to the input with the most channels; in your case that would probably be the satellite tuner. The OTA channels would then be renumbered from 1000 upwards.

However it sounds like the mapping on your RTV may be broken. Perhaps reconfiguring the inputs, or forcing a reload of the guide data would help.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't looked up at 1000+.

I have the sat receiver on input 2, IR blaster, svideo.

I set that input to 'nothing', to clear it, and reinstalled (including net connect).

No go yet.

The kicker is that there is no channel 2, 6, 12, etc. on the sat receiver.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've localized the problem to the ts160. It has mapped the D* locals to the same digits as the OTA locals, i.e., I have three channel 2's for NBC: one from D*, one from OTA, and my OTA subchannel (2-1).

The D* locals used to list as channels in the 900 range. How do I put them back that way?

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruiner
I've localized the problem to the ts160. It has mapped the D* locals to the same digits as the OTA locals, i.e., I have three channel 2's for NBC: one from D*, one from OTA, and my OTA subchannel (2-1).

The D* locals used to list as channels in the 900 range. How do I put them back that way?
The only way to get the channels back to the 900 range is to use a receiver that's older than 5th generation (or is that 4th generation?) Since then the channels have been remapped from the 800-999 range down to the "normal" channel numbers.

You should be able to remove some of the unwanted channels from your ts160, that may help. Like remove everything but 2-1 and see if 2 then maps to 2-1.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff D
You should be able to remove some of the unwanted channels from your ts160, that may help. Like remove everything but 2-1 and see if 2 then maps to 2-1.
I have only found a way to remove the OTA channels from the lineup, but they can still be selected by entering their digits directly.

As far as the sat channels, I can 'lock them' but again, not completely remove them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.