AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a samsung pn58c8000, htpc running core2duo 2.66Ghz, 3GB ddr2 memory, ati 5850 graphics card, using HDMI 1.3 cable, windows 7 ultimate X86.

I have played SBS 3d movies with no issues, but I have avatar, megamind, in full 3d .iso format that I'm having trouble playing..

I mounted megamind in dimond tools, ran the movie in total media theater 5, power dvd 11; I see the menu, play the 3d movie using the on screen mouse controls, but the movie run in 2d mode for some reason. In both programs menu I select 3d but it still shows the movie in 2d mode (although 3d is highlighted in the menu). What am I doing wrong~missing?

I played with the TV's remote, but the samsung glasses doesn't detect 3d mode; the picture quality is outtstanding 2d, which indicates that the movie is playing in 2d; since I can see a clear picture.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I believe 5xxx were driver upgraded to support HDMI 1.4 3D video modes I believe, so at least it should be able to output at that rate for games and such.

However, 5xxx does not have hardware decode (only UVD 2.2, UVD 3 is needed) of AVC MVC, so for 3D Bluray playback you would need to disable any hardware decode options and do full software decode.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
then I'm going to overclock the crap out of my processor, since I don't think it's capable of handling the software decoding :/

I'll try playing the movie on stock speeds, and see.. Thanks

Edit:

I disabled HW decode, played the movie in 3d, but the samsung glaasses I have don't turn on for some reason? As if it's not detecting a 3d signal? Although the movie is running in 3d!

Only options I have in the TV's remote are: 2d to 3d, SBS, top & down. None work for some reason?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Make sure you have the latest ATI drivers. I'm not familiar with how their implementation of 3DBD works and you may need iZ3D drivers or something for Blu-ray 3D. You should ask this question on the Arcsoft and Cyberlink forums, the users there might know what drivers and software is needed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There are so many variables. I have an ATI 5770 card that will output full blu ray 3d when connected directly to my Samsung pn58c7000. I use a DVI to HDMI cable to a standard HDMI input on the Samsung (not one of the computer inputs). I use TMT5. If you get the TV to display Wear 3d Glasses when you start the 3d movie you are probably good to go.

Now full HD audio is another issue. My Pio AVR is HDMI 1.3 so I have to connect a HDMI cable from the video card to the Samsung TV via the AVR.

I have an AMD 6 core, but when I had a dual core it still worked, but with much higher CPU usage. The latest CCC drivers didn't work for me. Like I said there are so many variables good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.