AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Visonik Sub8 sub woofer. I'm very happy with this sub woofer it have a very good sound also in the lower freq. But now i have a problem that he is broken. I looks like that the spool of the speaker is going to the magnet of the speaker. It is a very strange sound. But the real problem is that this is the second time that i have this. So now the company is going to give me a new one. But wat i want to know is wat could this be ? Because i didn't want that this Will happened another time !!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Is this a powered sub? I did a quick search and could only find nonpowerd subs made by Visonik.

The sound you are hearing is the part of the speaker that the voice coil is wrapped around rubbing on the magnet as it moves. This means you have a warped voice coil. Warped voice coils are most often caused by an amplifier that is passing DC to the speakers.

You should have that amp checked, because sooner or later they are going to get tired of replacing your speakers.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
It sounds like a blown driver, but it could also be the plate amp. Never crank the sub level control all the way up to avoid over excursion of the driver. If you desire more output try a sub with more power and a bigger driver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.