AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine guided me to this forum, hopefully someone can help.

A couple months back at a raffle I won this JVC 48" iArt hdtv/projection tv.

After hauling it home, I plug it in the picture comes on, stays on for about 5-10 minutes then goes off. Following this the power button is now flashing and the tv can't be turned back on, pushing the power button does nothing.

I let it sit for a bit, go to turn it back on, it come on for a moment then shuts back down the the power is flashing once again.

2 weeks goes by...

I go to turn the set on, it comes on and stays on for about 5-10 minutes again. Then the same thing happens as stated above, picture shuts off, and flashing power light.

The TV appears to have been a floor model, but is in excellent shape, and when the picture was on it was very good :)

My question is what could cause this??? Is it a quick fix? I really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to pay someone to come and repair it, I'm fairly good with electronics and assembling my own computers, but i have no clue when it comes to the innards of a TV set.

Please, any help would be GREATLY appreciated, and hell, if anyone hits the nail on the head and that fixes it or is the exact problem...I'll shoot yah $25 via paypal for the help!

Thanks in advance!

Matt C

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Well first off you posted this in the wrong forum, I'm suspecting it's a rear projection TV so you should have posted this in the rear projection forum. Secondly, no one is going to respond if they don't know the answer. It might be worth taking the repair estimate hit to see what it will cost you to get it working properly. Wouldn't hurt to go to wherever it was purchased and explain the problems with it, see if they'll help you out. Good luck with your TV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.