AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I finally hooked up the surround system and the MULTI CH function on an SACD sound phenomenal!

Now, I have an SACD that is only 2CH, but I can't seem to get any audio from it, PCM or DTS... I have a coaxial and optical cable connected to the receiver. What could possibly be wrong??

I have another SACD and when I select PCM I do get stereo audio. Hmmm....

Also, I notice sometimes on the audio tracks it'll say PPCM or linear or something like that... which settings are to be used for those??

Thanks!

·
Registered
30,753 Posts
There is no digital output from SACD tracks, only analog. If you select your optical or coax, you get nothing (as you already know). On other SACDs, it is likely you are hearing the Redbook-compatible CD track, not an SACD track.

Bottom line: Use the analog interconnects for SACD (and DVD-A).

Kal

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What setting is for analog that is stereo? I have an option of selecting EXT IN which is 6CH... would the amp automatically recognize that it is a 2ch and only use the appropriate???

·
Registered
30,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_dipaolo
What setting is for analog that is stereo? I have an option of selecting EXT IN which is 6CH... would the amp automatically recognize that it is a 2ch and only use the appropriate???
Yes.

Kal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.