AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started running my movies using a Micca MPlay HD. I run it through my projector onto a 16:9 screen. When I play an old 4:3 movie it comes through in 4:3 with no option of stretching to 16:9. When I play the same movie using the actual DVD I do have the option of stretching the picture through my pj menu. I can't figure out why that menu option exists using a DVD player but not using the Micca. The screen shots below show the menu options I have using both sources.

Here's the pj menu showing the stretch option when I'm watching the actual DVD. And you can sort of tell that the picture does fill the screen.

Here are the different options under the Signal menu.

Here is the same pj menu when using the Micca. The only option under "Adjust Signal" is the V and H shift, nothing on stretch options. And as you can tell it comes through in 4:3 letterbox. I didn't realize the pj menu would have different options depending upon the input source. I really want to be able to stretch the 4:3 movies through the Micca. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Hi,

The MPLAY-HD adds the side black bars when it detects a 4:3 source. Try setting the aspect ratio in video settings to 4:3. Then when you play a 4:3 source, it should play it without the side bars and your projector may then give you the option to stretch it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts