AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the 65H80 for about 2 months now and finally decided to take the dive and purchase a HDTV receiver 2 weeks ago. I stayed in the family and went with the Tosh DST3000. I immediately had issues with the receiver when it was connected to the component inputs on the 65H80. The receiver would work fine when connected via the s-video outputs. However when connected via the component outputs, the picture would show for a second and then quickly fade away .

Initially I thought it was the component inputs on the 65H80, but I connected by Sony DVP-S7000 (non-progressive scan) DVD player using the same set of component cables and everything worked fine. Thus, I figured that it was a problem with the component outputs on the DST3000 and returned the unit.

This week, I made the switch from DirecTV to Dish and purchased the Dish6000 HD receiver. When I got everything hooked up and was prepared to finally see HDTV in all of its glory, I got the same problem as I had with the DST3000. It is now looking like my 65H80 has trouble with 1080i inputs. I figure that I will have to call Toshiba for a repair, but I am wondering if anyone on this forum has seen this type of problem before .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.