AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the supplied software that came with the unit to download an image to it (like a splash screen when the unit first turns on, before a signal is detected). Now, however, when I turn the unit back on, the bulb shines for about 5 seconds, then dims out completely. At that point it freezes. I get no picture, no bulb activity and I can't turn it off unless I turn the power off from the power strip the unit is plugged into. I have only had this unit for a couple months and it has served me well up until this point. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts they are much appreciated. I first thought to buy a replacement bulb, but since the bulb shines when it is first turned on I figured the bulb can't be bad (or at least it hasn't burst).

thanks,

-santos

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I got the video back, but the menus are all messed up. The text is scrambled (not readable at all) and if I keep the menu up too long it will freeze the projector ( I lost the video and can't send it through the shut down cycle). Once again if anybody knows anything I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

santos

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I'd use that same software and see if you can reverse what you did.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Call Acer and ***** about it!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
PH530 shutting down (noise) after x-period of time [this fixed it for me]

I've had this problem for a while now (haven't been using the projector in years because of it) and I just keep on coming back to these forums. Anyway, I completely tore it apart and left it like that for about 2 years now. I unscrewed the thermal sensor (link at the bottom of post), took it out and cleaned it a bit. I noticed there was a bit of adhesive going over the connectors and scraped it away, that probably didn't solve anything, just mentioning it. I reconnected the thermal sensor but just left it hanging where it should be mounted and that fixed it for me it appears the projector itself isn't getting too hot, the sensor goes bad before the projector does. I've tested the projector for hours with eco-mode turned off and it just keeps on going =)!

Let me know if it worked for you!

TL;DR : unscrew the thermal sensor and leave it hanging near its original spot.

(can't post links, search for 'Acer PH530 Service Manual' it's on manualslib dot com, page 30.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts