Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I purchased the ae100 about 2 months ago, and no problems. Although I tried to ceiling mount the projector and I changed the option to ceiling.

I then noticed that the picture was not a perfect rectangle.. Basically you can see that the picture is tilting towards the left. So the picture is a bit lower on the left side and the right side is raised up.

I then proceeded to put it back to desktop instead of ceiling and the problem still occurs with the left side dipping down and the right side up. I even tried to fix it with adjusting the legs, although it does not help much.

I was thinking that the lens or something in the inside was moved a bit. I tried to open it and tighten everything i could, but still no luck.

Has anyone experienced this or should I just contact Kaneda and send it back for a repair/replacement.

I appreciate any help. Take Care..

Best Regards,

Ed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already tried keystone correction. Forgot to mention that in my first thread. Thanks for the reply though.

Ed

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
If its slanted to a side and not up or down, that isn't the keystone adjustment.

What source are you using for this? What exactly does it look like? The pixels gradually grow larger as you approach the left side?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The source that is hooked up is my HTPC, I can even see this when nothing is hooked up to it, just the light source.

Basically it looks like a rectangle although the bottom left side is slanted down and the top right is raised. I was thinking that the lens got bumped out of place or something. So if you look at the left vertical line, it is not straight up anddown, it is angled a bit.

I do not know what to do other than send it back to Japan.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am having the exact same problem and I think it might be that my screen may not be perfectly level. So im thinking of raising my screen on the right side up just about a 1/4 inch. Anyone else have any thoughts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked my screen as well, put a levler on the top, it appears to be leveled.

I really would hate to adjust my screen (since it is already leveled) just to fit this flaw. Thats me though.

I already e-mailed Kaneda and awaiting his repsonse. Any other suggestios would greatly be appreciated. Take Care.

Best Regards,

Ed

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine does the exact same thing. It sticks out on the bottom left side of the frame. Its not like it needs keystone adjustments because its straight vertically on the right and on the left it sticks out on the bottom. I too thought its my frame but haven't checked it yet to see how level it is. I also thought that my projector might not be leveled too. I have to raise the legs on the right side of the projector to help it. But its still off on the bottom left.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well Thats 3 of us, how many more people are having this problem?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have not mounted mine on the ceiling but I do have to raise the right side of the projector to correct the picture. The right side of the picture seems to dip down a bit. I have not bought a screen yet and shoot onto a white wall so it really does not bother me too much but down the road when I get a black screen border I can see it being a problem. I will have to inspect it closer tonight to see if I have the same problem your experiencing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Guys, I may know what's going on after witnessing the same thing on my AE100 (of course I may be wrong but at this point it seems to be the best explanation)... you must insure that the *lens* (not the projector, since the lens is not in the center of the unit), is *precisely* aligned with the exact horizontal center of the screen.

Try this... align the projector with either the left or right edge of the screen, project an image on the screen as best you can, and notice how you'll never be able to accurately fill the screen completely.

Basically, I believe it's Horizontal Keystoning that's at play here.

Ken

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It appears that more people are having this problem. Has anyone been successful on correcting this?

I received an e-mail from Kaneda and he wants me to send pictures to him showing what it looks like. I will try to post these pictures on the forum as well to show the problem I am having.

Thanks everyone for your help on this, I wish there was a way to correct this so I did not have to send it back.

Ed

·
Registered
130 Posts
eduran, after re-reading my post, I suppose I wasn't entirely clear... after insuring that my lens is aligned with the center of the screen, I *AM* able to correct the problem!

Please let me know if this works for you.

Ken

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hello kenfab,

thanks for your input.

I am not too clear on what you are saying, could you go in further detail please.

When I first got my projector it was working fine, although when I flipped it over to do the ceiling mount is when the problem started to occur. I then proceeded to go back to desktop mode and the problem still existed.

I will try to take pictures tonight to show everyone.

If you could go in more detail I would greatly appreciate, hopefully what you are saying is correct so that I do not have to send it back to Japan for repair. Thanks in advance.

Ed

·
Registered
43 Posts
kenfab is correct. allign the lens with the center of the screen and you picture will be geometrically correct.

·
Registered
122 Posts
When I first ceiling mounted the projector it did this - not by much though only slightly. All I did to fix the problem, and I mean now its a perfect fit, is slightly raise the lens side of the projector by tightening the screws, and lowering the opposite side. It did the trick.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow I'll Have to try that! I'll post results later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.