AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, I am new at this. Im trying to set up my new UN65JU7100FXZA samsung tv with my onkyo tx-nr636. Ive hooked the tv to the receiver using the ARC enabled ports on each and am getting sound just fine while im watching tv but the problem shows itself when i fire up one of the televisions smart apps. The audio from the tv channel i was on does not stop, so when I am watching netflix i still hear the tv channel sound with the sound from netflix on top of it. Where did I go wrong in my connections?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
If you turn down the TV speaker volume (like 'off'), does that also turn down the volume of the ARC connection back to the receiver, or is the ARC volume fixed? Is there a setting for fixed/variable volume for ARC? I don't know, just suggesting.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
My system's too old for ARC, and from what I'm reading, there are drawbacks, such as not getting multichannel programs.

May I suggest doing it the old way, running an optical cable from the TV to the AVR? My TV's speakers are disabled, and I have one, audio-only input mapped to an optical port that I use for "smart TV" content. I can still see one and hear the other, but that means I pressed the wrong button on my remote!

Have fun,
Frank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.