AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just set up my first speaker system - and am having a slight problem with audio distortions coming from the TV.

After turning off the receiver and TV for awhile - I turn the system back on. The speakers work perfectly, however, I get random blips and static coming from the TV speakers (which shouldn't be making any sound). These can be fixed by putting the TV on mute, but not by turning the TV volume to 0 (which is odd).

The system can also be fixed (temporarily) by resetting the receiver to factory default settings - but the only settings I've changed in between is turning off the subwoofer (I don't have one) and resetting how low the different speakers can go in Hz.

Do you have any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

~Lyuokdea

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyuokdea
Do you have any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

~Lyuokdea
Hi Lyuokdea, on the receiver do you have "Audio Tv Out" or "HDMI Control" set to On? If so try turning this to Off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am listening to cable TV going into the receiver via HDMI. The Receiver is connected to a 7.1 speaker set (Infinity beta if it matters). Then the receiver is connected to the TV via HDMI (the HDMI out of the receiver to an HDMI in channel on the TV)

~Lyuokdea

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
Hmm, so you're getting cable audio at the tv speaker and 7.1 speaker set, correct?

Cable Tv --> HDMI --> Receiver --> HDMI --> Tv

If HDMI Control is Off this shouldn't be happening. Try resetting the receiver back to factory default.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts