AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NEC 9PG Xtra and when I have contrast and brightness at their normal settings of contrast 48 and brightness 59 I can see the blue raster lit up all around the image in the blue tube. On the green and red tubes the only visible thing is the image and you can't see the raster. Is my G2 set too high for the blue tube? It appears the blue tube needs to be turned down just a slight bit. Is the G2 control for the blue tube on the board right above the blue tube. I have adjusted it before on a 9PG+ as it was a little thumbscrew right above blue tube. My image does have a blue edge to it. In the White Balance menu option all three tubes are at 50/50 and adjusting the blue doesn't make the rasters edge go away.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mike,

Bring up the bright bias setting in ref. white menu, write the number down for future reference, then watch the raster as you decrease bright bias via. the remote until the raster calms down. Make sure you select the blue gun before changing.

See if this takes care of your problem.

Best Regards,

Paul

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul,

I had a Bright Bias setting in the service menu on the XG110LC but its not there on my 9 PG Xtra. I entered a passcode and then entered 2580 to get it into service mode but don't see a Bright Bias menu option. Just one that says factory but there is nothing related to Bright Bias under there. Is there a different code for the PG Xtra? or is it a manual adjustment somewhere?

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.