AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Vista Ultimate and a Canon HF S10 but I can't transfer photos and videos to the PC because it says "Device not detected" AND the camera doesn't show up in the Windows explorer, as a drive.

Something happened during the driver install. It just hung up and eventually said "install fail".

It did try to load a driver for "unknown device" but my computer still won't detect the camera and I can't transfer files. Any clue how to fix this? I have had other camera software on this Vista machine. Canon (still) and Sony HD camera. This is the first camera software that wouldn't insta..

I tried installing everything on my XP laptop and that worked fine. I think it's just a driver install. What I would like to try and do is remove all drivers for this camera and try connecting it again. But I don't know the names other than the one that says "unkonwn device" and removing that just leads back to the same problem.

Anyone know if this should work with Vista Ultimate? Anyone know how I can recover from this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm about to travel abroad with the HF S10, and am not ttravelling with my computer. How can I transfer stills and video from the camera to a mini external 320 gb drive? I'm bringing two 32gb flash cards in addition to the 32gb built-in memory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts