AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Carada screen the other day and they sent me the wrong size.

On the web site there is no phone number to call someone.

I am supposed to send them an email. Gee I hate that.

Has anyone had this problem before and if so what did you do about it?

Thanks for helping,

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
OUCH! That's a first. I apologize Frederic! According to Airborne tracking, your screen was delivered on Monday, Jan 19th. Have you just discovered the error?

In any case, we'll ship the correct size out on Monday, and include a prepaid return shipping slip for the incorrect one.

Again, I'm sorry for the screw-up! We work hard to avoid human error, but it looks like we'll have to work a little harder.

David Giles

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
David - your email makes me feel much better.

Is there a phone number I can contact you at?

I just would like to make sure you know what the issue is and what screen I was supposed to get. If you want send me your phone number at [email protected]

PS: I just realized the error this morning because it took me some time to get the furntiure and other things - but now this morning it became pretty obvious to me that there was a problem so I measured the screen and of course it was way off.

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Frederic,

You've got mail.

We've got your order on file, so I know what size and aspect ratio your screen should have been. So we'll definitely ship the correct one on Monday.

Now I'll lose some sleep worrying about who else might have gotten an incorrect size that day (your screen in other words). But it's been almost two weeks since then and we haven't heard from anybody else, so it's possible your screen was just made wrong, instead of an accidental swap.

Anyway, I apologize again. We'll take care of it as fast as humanly possible.

David Giles

·
Registered
525 Posts
I happens Dave, and it will happen again...just the nature of things...good thing is, customer service like carada has is one of the reasons why I chose them...:) tom

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
This thread was cheaper than a commercial spot in the super bowl and will probably be more effective. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I promise to update this thread when I receive the new correct screen.

This way everyone will know the quality of carada support.

PS: I did not receive an email from carada yet but here is the screen I ordered before:

Quantity: 1

Product Name: 126 Inch Diagonal Precision 1.78 to 1

Product ID: H126P

Attributes (if any): Screen Surface Material - Brilliant White

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by David Giles
We've got your order on file, so I know what size and aspect ratio your screen should have been. So we'll definitely ship the correct one on Monday.

David Giles
So you're saying that it is possible to make or ship an incorrect order, but it is impossible to to take an incorrect order?

Please take this as constructive criticism when I say that I would expect everything to be re-verified before a reshipment. If nothing else, it provides a better impression that you really WANT everything to be right. If you re-shipped the item only to discover that the order was in error (through who-ever's fault), it would further delay the problem resolution.

I can understand that there may be a dis-honest person who might change their mind and attempt to get you to absorb the cost of a changed mind. But, that in itself is no reason to ignore a customer who really WANTS to take the time to verify everything and make sure a second error (and delay) does not occur.

This customer (frederic) should not have felt forced to post his order in this forum in an attempt to insure accuracy. That, with the difficulty he had in contacting your company, was not well taken by this reader.

gp

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Hi Frederic,

In my haste to answer your problem, I went straight to Outlook Express and pulled up one of your previous e-mails and used it to reply to you. So when I saw that you said you hadn't gotten an e-mail yet, I went to verify that I had actually sent it (and that I wasn't losing my mind). :confused: The e-mail I replied to was your valtech address, so I guess it'll be waiting for you on Monday morning. Anyway, the correct screen will go out Monday as promised, and you'll receive a tracking number Monday afternoon. Thanks again for your patience.

David Giles

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Wow Gregg, that's some pretty strong constructive criticism! I had to read your post twice, and then go re-read my previous post just to figure out where you were coming from. I think I must have poorly worded my post, because you sure got a different meaning out of it than what I intended.

Quote:
So you're saying that it is possible to make or ship an incorrect order, but it is impossible to to take an incorrect order?
No, I didn't say anything was impossible. Frederic simply made it very clear that we had screwed up and sent him the wrong size. By mentioning that we had his order on file, I was simply trying to reassure him that we were on top of things. I didn't mean to imply that we wouldn't re-verify it before we shipped another one out on Monday. I had just sent him an e-mail before that post to directly communicate with him (but apparently sent it to his work e-mail instead of the address he posted here). I was expecting a call from him all afternoon.

Quote:
If nothing else, it provides a better impression that you really WANT everything to be right.
Regardless of any bad wording on my part, I would think it's abundantly clear that we WANT everything to be right.

Quote:
But, that in itself is no reason to ignore a customer who really WANTS to take the time to verify everything and make sure a second error (and delay) does not occur.
Ignore?? As soon as I saw this thread (59 minutes after it appeared on the forum), I responded (appropriately I hoped). I responded again shortly after Frederic's second post, telling him that I had sent him an e-mail, and also apologizing again and reassuring him that "We'll take care of it as fast as humanly possible." I guess since he didn't get the e-mail I can see how you would consider that ignoring him. But I would think after my previous responses, you might have given me the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
That, with the difficulty he had in contacting your company, was not well taken by this reader.
Now I know you're just teasing me :rolleyes:

Frederic chose to post here instead of sending me an e-mail, which is perfectly fine. But I probably would have responded even faster if his message had popped up in my e-mail box. I just didn't happen to check AVS for a little while. Regardless, he got an extremely fast response to the problem without ever actually attempting to contact our company. How un-difficult is that? Do you think he would have been able to contact any of our competitors on a Saturday? With the promise of handling the problem before E.O.B. on Monday?

David Giles

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:
Do you think he would have been able to contact any of our competitors on a Saturday? With the promise of handling the problem before E.O.B. on Monday?

David Giles
I'm not Gregg, but I'll answer that.

No way! I've never been contacted by an Internet company on a weekend. It just doesn't happen.

Even before this thread David has convinced me of his company's outstanding customer support. I would be a happy customer of Carada's if they (he? :)) would ever sell raw material.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Quote:

The response above followed frederic's request for your phone number. Though written word doesn't permit inflection, this seemed to be a curt response to an attempt at personalized contact to insure resolution. (In my mind, your highlighting contributed to that impression).

It sounds like I misunderstood your response. Hopefully, you can understand how I formed that interpretation and accept my apology.

I am currently trying to select a screen myself and other posts point to the fact that customers are happy with your product line and pricing. Unfortunately, I am building a custom application and will require material only. I understand you sell fixed frame, finished products only. Otherwise, I would be considering your 1.4 bright white for my application.

You have definitely been visible in this forum and I hope that is an effort to learn and serve customers as much as it is to gain from them. I wish more manufacturers and distributors would follow your lead.

Again, please accept my apology.

gp

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
No problem Gregg! I can certainly see how you came to the conclusions that you did. Before writing the sentence you quoted, I had just sent Frederic an e-mail with my home phone number so he could call me on a Saturday. But you didn't know that. And the fact that three hours later he hadn't gotten that e-mail (because I sent it to his work address - DOH!), made it even easier to assume that I was trying to evade personalized contact.
Quote:
I hope that is an effort to learn and serve customers as much as it is to gain from them.
No doubt about it! If you hadn't said anything, I would have gone on blissfullly ignorant of the fact that my text had offended anyone. It's safe to assume that you weren't the only one to interpret it that way. Thanks for bringing it up!

David Giles

·
Registered
935 Posts
From a third person POV, Carada was "Johnny on the spot" with correcting the mistake. I received similar off hour suport from ASI Home recently. The VP of Sales actually handled my problem resolution at night.

Good to see "internet based" doesn't mean you have to sacrifice good customer support.

Kudos to David Giles.

Bomber

·
Registered
334 Posts
I agree with Bomber,

I think David was pretty quick with his response, although a website phone number would have sped things up for frederic. Service on a saturday is a definate plus.

I am also looking at screens and Carada is on the top of my list :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I too am looking at screens and Carada is probably at the top of my short list. David has been very responsive to questions and from all pictures and comments I have seen and heard he has a very high quality product.

Can't wait for him to have some other options for screen gain :)

MediaTK

·
Registered
87 Posts
I too had two problems with Carada, both were resolved completely to my satisfaction.

First, the screen was shipped with no screws to put the fame together. David responded to my email about this on a sunday if I remember right and I had the screws Wednesday (I think the shipping cost him $12 for the screws)

Second, after a few viewings, we noticed a vertical line on the screen. I emailed David and received another prompt response that it was a flaw with the screen material from a new roll they received. David asked if I wouldn't mind waiting a week for shipment of the new screen, so he could fill other orders. I didn't mind because the line didn't really ruin the movie experience, but I did mention that I would like it for today's super bowl since I was having party. David shipped the new screen last Wednesday. I received it Friday and everyone who came over today was awed by the IF5700 and Carada screen combination.

I am posting this because I feel that a true measure of a company is how they handle problems when they inevitably arise. Carada has proven their commitment to customer service in my case and I feel I made a great decision choosing them over their competitors.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As promised here is the final email I would like to send about this issue.

David has sent me the new screen with the requested size. Moreover David allowed me to actually change the size from 126'' to 118'' which I thought was very nice of him - since I got a 96'' by mistake it allowed me to realize that a smaller screen has advantage in terms of image quality.

David as done a great job trying to fix the issue and he did what he said he would. As a matter of fact I can not recall a time when I had such a great experience in terms of customer support - a real and genuine willigness to solve the issue.

Moreover, the quality of the screens is absolutely excellent.

David - congratulations to you for the quality of your company and also for your new little one :)

In one word Carada and David rocks - I will recommend them to any friend.

Frederic.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Good to hear!

Carada is still impressing me. I may have to give David a call when I am ready.

Now go watch some movies frederic! :) :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.