AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to get the I1Pro to start when opening the program, I have some type of ActiveX error message that pops up when trying to initiate the meter.

Its odd that my Spyder3 works, but a higher quality meter wont, could it be the fact that I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows7?

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

I appreciate any help I can get, I'd like to get CalMan, but if the I1 doesnt work with Colorfacts, I'd hate to waiste money on a new program only to find it doesnt function.

System: Dell XPS 1645, 1.6g I7, 8gb of memory, 128g SSD HD, 64bit Windows7.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyrockets /forum/post/18176491

I cant seem to get the I1Pro to start when opening the program, I have some type of ActiveX error message that pops up when trying to initiate the meter.

Its odd that my Spyder3 works, but a higher quality meter wont, could it be the fact that I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows7?

I appreciate any help I can get, I'd like to get CalMan, but if the I1 doesnt work with Colorfacts, I'd hate to waiste money on a new program only to find it doesnt function.

Thanks

Get a copy of the free i1Diags from X-Rite it runs the i1Pro through a series of tests to make sure all is OK.

http://www.xrite.com/downloader.aspx...ftwareID%3d506

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ran the test, the unit passed all the tests with flying colors.

I just tried it on my sons 32 bit version of Win7 and it worked perfectley, well it looks like the I1Pro wont work on a 64 bit version of Win7. Driver issue?

Latest driver for the I1Pro I've been able to locate is dated 06, why so old?

If anyone else has a similar setup to mine, please be kind enough to post your results, tried to set up a duel boot XP setup but it wont work on an I7 equipt system.

X-Rites tech support is non existant, which doesnt surprise me, getting help in todays day and age is getting more and more difficult, it always seems to be the other guys fault I guess.

Thank you for your suggestion non the less.

Granted there is one companies tech support that HAS been awesome, and thats CalMANs.

I really wish other companies cared about their customer base the way you folks do about yours.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyrockets /forum/post/18176491

Thanks

Having the same problem on WIndows 7 64Bit. Runs fine of Windows 7 32 bits. DId you get a dll error "instdll.dll" when installing? I've even tried using the new Rockey4 64 bit driver and get blue screen of death when I start Colorfacts. I suspect that this is what is causing the problem. I run HCFR and CalMAN on the same PC with no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts