AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey. ive had a computer and monitor for about two years now, and they have worked fine up until last night. when i was starting up windows xp, my dumb ass brother pressed the power button on the computer while the computer said "windows is starting up, loading personal settings, the blue screne, not the black windows xp home edition screen that you see in the beginning.
so then, i start the computer back up after hitting him, only to find that the monitor works for two seconds, then goes black, but the green light on the monitor is still on. then, when it logs on, it works again for two seconds, and cuts off. i tried replugging everything in, i tried to power cycle it, i tried everyine i can think of. what do you think the problem is and how can i fix it?
video card is just an intel intergrated 82865G.
thanks.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Test the monitor on a different PC. Then, boot PC into debug/safe mode. You may also try Last know Good Configuration.

·
Registered
450 Posts
If you are just encountering an "out of range" problem, you can boot into VGA mode from the F8 screen. This will allow you to see the monitor and reset the resolution.

I have seen this a few times before. Unfortunately, the problem was always the monitor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.