AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help and I am looking for either the right forum or some helpful people. I heard that the people at AVSforums were pros with this stuff.

My symptoms:

While watching certain progaming, most noticable on CSI (HD), it appears that the signal is lost during the quick screen changes.

Uhmmm.... :rolleyes: how do I explain it. It's when during those scenes when the picture flashes and they show a cut scene usually of some body part, some action, etc. then the picture flashes back to the story line and characters.

What happens during these scenes is the picture goes blank and displays the projector resolution (1080i) then it flashes and the picture comes back. Everything is fine until another similar scene.

All other programing seems to be just fine.

Hardware:

I have a Scientific Atlanta HD8000 cable box with Time Warner service.

An X1 projector

I have a component connection to my reciever then component cables to BNC connectors to DB15 dongle which is plugged into the projector. (these are quality shielded cables)

How do I trouble shoot something like this? Is the resolution output changing at all? Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

The wife really liked the setup until CSI became a hassle to watch. :(

Thanks to anyone who replies.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.