AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help....yesterday I installed an HR 21 in my basement. I planning to move my HR 20 upstairs. Anyway, for some reason I missing all of the new MPEG 4 HD channels. The older HD channels and the SD channels are working fine. The wierd thing is I could get all of the channels fine on the HR 20 with the same wiring and dish. Also, I still get the channels on the HR 20, which is now hooked up upstairs. Long story short, I can not figure out why the new reciever will not work. One issue is that I have no signal on the 103 s and c satellites on the HR 21....but have an okay signal on the HR 20. Has anybody seen this problem before or have any ideas???

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeem3113 /forum/post/14280623

Need some help....yesterday I installed an HR 21 in my basement. I planning to move my HR 20 upstairs. Anyway, for some reason I missing all of the new MPEG 4 HD channels. The older HD channels and the SD channels are working fine. The wierd thing is I could get all of the channels fine on the HR 20 with the same wiring and dish. Also, I still get the channels on the HR 20, which is now hooked up upstairs. Long story short, I can not figure out why the new reciever will not work. One issue is that I have no signal on the 103 s and c satellites on the HR 21....but have an okay signal on the HR 20. Has anybody seen this problem before or have any ideas???

Thanks!

Defective BBC?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, I am not getting signal on from Sat 103 on either line on the HR 21. I am getting signal from the same dish on the HR 20.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Defective HR21 maybe...

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
That wouldn't make sense if he can hook another receiver in the same location and it works fine.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 /forum/post/14284291

That wouldn't make sense if he can hook another receiver in the same location and it works fine.

Didn't catch that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Possibly.....I did by-pass the multiswitch and hardwired the HR 21 directly to the dish. When I did that, I still did not get any signal on 103 s and c. Its really odd, because I get a really good signal on the HR 20 and always have. On the HR 21, I get nothing. Very strange.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could be the LNB I suppose (dont now how to test that). I haven't messed with the dish primarily because all of the other receivers are working.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
You have a defective receiver most likely if another is working at the same location, exchange it for another.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts