AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 1600 today. The picture is great, no doubt about it.

The problem is it only plays half of my DVD-Rs (about 20 of them).

Looks like some brands of DVD-Rs work and some dont.

Thinking of returning it as I tried 3 other brands and they ALL worked.

Maybe its becuase this model is about 2 years old in the design phase, that the newer models work.

Ideas?

I really like the picture quality, but for $320, compare to one for $120 that work with everything I dont know.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
Were all the DVD-Rs burned with the same software and hardware? Some authoring programs are incompatible with some players. But its true the newer models (under $100 Panasonic and JVC models especially) have excellent DVD-R,-RW,+R,+RW support if that is what is most important to you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a Denon 1600 also and unfortunately it can be picky with DVD-R media. If you plan to use DVD-R on the player, find a brand that works best on it and stick with it. Also as mentioned, the program used to author the disc can have an impact on the players ability to read it.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After checking all my DVD-R. It is just the brand of DVD that is the issue.

This just makes me sick, I was so exciting about this DVD, now 20 will not work.

Makes me think about if the $150 price increase for a better picture is worth it. Starting to think about a good $150 range brand like

The JVC n50bx or Pioneer 563a

Dont know what to do.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What brand DVD-R did you have problems with? I'm considering a 1600 and have a number of DVD-R's. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That and the extra $220 dollars it cost over a JVC with just as good a picture in the mode that all Hit Movies are released in.

Hard to justify to the rest of the family, and I cant re do the DVD-Rs.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
Its easy to re-do the DVD-Rs, just read it in on your PC and make a new copy with your PC's DVD burner - less than $1 a disc. Just use a good quality media thats compatible and good burning and authoring software like Nero.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.