AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got done building my HTPC and ran over to hook it up to my Denon 1910. Plugged in the HDMI but I get no image or sound... If I plug in my old HD DVD player I get an image, if I plug in my Laptop I get an image but I get nothing with my HTPC. Just for the heck of it I tried DVI to HDMI and I got an image just fine, it just does not seem to like HDMI.

To make sure it was not my HDMI port I bypassed the 1910 and hooked the PC up to my projector and it worked just fine. I am sure it is a small setting I am missing but if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
certain video cards have handshake issues. to avoid there are a few things you should do - shut down the computer and set it up the way you want it to be (htpc - avr - tv). turn on the avr and tv first, start up the pc. try that before going any further. if you have more problems it may have been addressed in this forum or in the guide to building a htpc forum. best to search with the model of your card

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.