AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with a recently (<45 days) purchased Dwin Transvision. The unit has started having problems with video on both SVHS connections. The colors go in and out and "scramble". This does not seem to affect the composite or RGB inputs and developed after about 30 days of use. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Jeff

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Jeff -- I've been using mine for about a week, mostly through the S-video port of a TIVO. On certain children shows (Barney and Arthur), I get scrambling on a small strip on the left side of the picture that starts at the top and goes 7/8 of the way down. On some other occasions, I see a thin white line down the right side.

I haven't seen any colors going in and out (yet) or complete scrambling. Are you playing this S-video from or through a VCR by chance. Just wondering if its related to macrovision...

Have you tried different sources -- such as a DVD player, or if a VCR using the tuner?

Wayne

[This message has been edited by wlum (edited 07-15-2001).]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wayne,

My symptoms are that colors come and go. This is through both SVHs ports. I have tried it with both my ReplayTV, Lexicon (on-screen menus), and my Sony DSS. All produce the same result. I think the "scrambling" is the momentary loss of the color signal.

Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the color problem. I had it only on my component feed. After a lot of frustration and playing around at the scalar, I accidently found it to be a poor connection (actually two of the three) intermittently causing it at the DVD player end. Perhaps your having similar poor connections with your S-Vid pins. Check all cable ends at each device... in the signal chain. Just a thought.

On the vertical white line issue. That's easy. Go into the menu for the offending input. On you video settings adjust horizontal size and position. You may have to toggle between the two ( a few times) to properly fit all the picture in (vs pushing some beyond the viewable area) and aligning it's ends to the viewed area. Best to do with w/ frozen picture (ie pause) or fairly static scene so your not getting confused with moving background/action.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.