I am temporarily using a 25 y/o, 13", b/w CRT TV until I can decide whether to buy a new TV or repair my broken one. I have this temporary TV plugged into a power strip on the top electrical outlet (connected to a wall switch), whereas my broken TV and cable box are/were plugged into a surge protector on the bottom outlet. I noticed that when the heat/furnace kicks in, the borders of the TV screen shrink a little for just a split second. It looks like the TV is about to turn off. Why does this happen and would a surge protector prevent that from happening? I'm just concerned because I don't know if this is why two of my CRT TVs broke. I don't want to buy a new TV only to have it break because there's a problem with the outlets. If it makes any difference, I'm told that the wiring/circuit breaker in my house is piggybacked.