AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running windows 2k. I used v7 of the rtv_extractor prog. I extracted a show which was 2 hours long (medium quality), and the output file was about 3 gb's. It seemed to extract ok, although before it began extraction, it gave me an error relating to this being a 2 drive unit, and I had only specified 1 drive. I did not try to extract again, specifying both drives. However, I am not sure that it should make a difference, because I did this immediately after patching the 2nd drive, before it was ever installed in my replay unit. When I tried to play the resulting mpg file using windows media player, I got an error stating that it couldn't find a proper codec. Do I need to download a special codec to play this back? Or should I try to extract again, specifying both drives? Or is it possible I did something else wrong? Thanks in advance for your help. I love the AVSForum!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still have not had this question answered. I am positive that the mpg files are extracting correctly now, but I still cannot play them back. Can someone help me find the codecs I need to make this work? Thanks for your time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.