AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some new items for my home theater setup - I bought the SVS MTS-01 5.1 speaker setup, the SVS PB-13 Ultra subwoofer, and an emotiva 3-channel amp (to go with my existing Denon 2307ci receiver). I'm trying to run the setup for the audio on the Avia II DVD. I'm running into problems on the setup for the calibration between the front right speaker and the subwoofer. I'm running the test tones that provide 3 test tones - I belive the front right speaker (the MTS tower speaker) is emitting the first 2 test tones, with the higher frequency test tone coming first. It is then followed by a similar test tone from the subwoofer. The output on the SPL meter is supposed to be about the same for all 3 test tones. I can get the test tone to be about the same on all of my speakers, except for my front right speaker. On the 2nd test tone, the decibel reading increases significantly. I believe it is also staying a bit higher for the 3rd test tone from the subwoofer. I already ran the speaker setup so that I equalized the output for all of the 5 speakers, and got those to be even. So, I'm confused as to why only the front right speaker is producing a higher decibel rating on that 2nd test tone. Any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.