AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying that the keyboard and the gyro part of the mouse work with no problems. I only have a problem when I use the mouse on a surface. The cursor will move and I can click, but it is VERY jerky and slow. It is like you are playing a game or watching a movie but only getting like 5 frames a second. As soon as I pick up the mouse and wave it around, it works perfectly. Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I was having this problem also. I moved the RF box to another spot and it helped. It is as if there is some interference between the mouse and RF box.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Contrary to their claims, the mouse and keyboard work at 900 Mhz, the same range as older cordless phones and baby monitors (wanna guess how I found out?).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Has it always done this or just started doing it?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
What surface are you using. I had the exact same probs when moving the mouse on a dark surface. Put a white mat on the table, and everything was fine.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I've had no problems with it, nor has there been any interference with my 900 MHz Digital Spread Spectrum security system or my 900 Mhz cordless phones. Also, the keyboard and mouse work beyond the 25 foot limit spec'd by the manufacturer.

Having said that, the manual that came with the system does state that there will be problems with certain surfaces. Try a different surface.

Steve

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is an intermittent problem. It is working fine right now, but before I watched the movie I just finished, it wasnt working so well. It is on a dark surface. I will try it on a piece of paper or magazine or something lighter. There are no 900mhz phones in this house or wireless networks or anything, so I doubt that is it. I do have the receiver in my stereo cabinet right next to my stereo receiver, cable boxes, and HTPC so there could be some sort of interference. If the lighter surface doesnt help, I will see about moving the box. Thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Dark surfaces make the battery run down faster.

Don't forgewt to change channels and keep two channels away from the keyboard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.