AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I've been lurking here for a few months and I thought I remembered reading a thread addressing the same problem I am having, but could not find anything by searching. I recently bought a AVR 8000, unpacked and connected it only to find no sound from center channel. I checked speaker set up and surround modes with no problems found here. I connected the preamp output for center channel to the main in for the left channel and did get sound and prominent dialoge. I think the center amp has a defect but didn't know if anyone else has had this problem, or if I am missing something and it's not a defect. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Darren

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HTMAN 21,

No, I was going to use the onboard amps and bought a separate 2 channel amp for 7.1. Also I forgot to mention, when I hooked up left preamp out to center main in, no sound also. Am I missing something with this receiver?

-Darren

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am going to guess that you bought that receiver from Onecall...b/c that's where I got mine (sweet deal).

Anyway, I had a couple of issues setting it up and I decided to give them a call. Let me just say that it was a good experience and they walked me through it step by step. (You might not be the only or first one with this problem)

Give it a shot if you haven't already, it could save you some time and alot of headache. I am sure you are dying to get it up and running like it is supposed to.

--Rafael

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HighDefness,

Actually I was about 2 minutes late for the Onecall deal and ended up buying from Ubid for a very good price. And as this is an auction site I wouldn't be able to get a replacement, just a refund, so I'm hoping I'm just a moron and setting something up wrong. (Well, not really hoping I'm a moron, just that its not the receiver.) I will contact Onecall though and see if they can help. Thanks for the response.

-Darren

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.