AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my onkyo 806 and logitech harmony one remote about the same time so i dont know which (or if both) is causing the following problems:

1) When I change the channel it sometimes takes about 7-10 seconds to change and I see a black screen during this. If I change the volume the screen will change to black for 5-7 seconds.

This doesn't happen all the time and tends to happen if I dont keep the remote pointed at the receiver for a long time (ie I change to mute and put the remote down right away and then the screen goes black).

Are these known issues with the harmony one remote? Can I fix this? It is so nice to have this remote but the channel flipping speed and these black screen issues are reeeally annoying and cumberson.

2) I am noticing a lot of 'trails' on my tv screen. I have a Panasonic Viera 42" Plasma, 780p (42PX75U). I dont know if the blurs and trails are due to settings between the tv and the receiver or if this is just the tv. Notice this a lot on sports and regular standard def tv shows, but I also see it on my hi-def dvd's through my toshiba HD DVD player. Any ideas what I can check?

These two issues have been bugging me for a looong time- if you have any ideas on how to help with either of these please let me know- thanks!

Andrew

·
Registered
871 Posts
try bypassing the receiver with an HDMI directly to the TV and see if it still happens, Its more likely than not the remote, probably the receiver itself. You might need a firmware upgrade if bypassing the receiver eliminates those problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
been a busy week- sorry for the late reply...

Bypassing the receiver returned my picture to its former beauty. Now what?
I will check out FAQ's now that I know it is my 808, but of anyone reads this and can point me in the right direction that would rock- thanks all

andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts