AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to appeal to any JVC HM-DT100 owners for some advice on the following problem.

I bought a HM-DT100 to record and playback 'flagged copy once' HD material and to playback some of my old HD recordings made on a Panasonic HD1000. New and old recordings play back fine over the DT100 component output but when using HDMI the screen is blank with bursts of the following message 'output prohibited due to TV without HDCP copy protection (305)'. This infers that the issue is with the TV but it's a Sony that takes HDMI from the HD cable box with no problem. It's odd that the message also appears when playing back the old Panasonic recordings as I thought there was no copy protection on those tapes. Same thing if I'm just trying to view what is coming into the recorder on the firewire without even trying to record, no matter what HD channel is selected on the cable box.

I've now borrowed a JVC HM-DH5U, a model that also has HDMI. On this machine, I can playback all recordings over HDMI and view what is coming down the firewire with no problem. This suggests that either the firmware on the DH5U is set up differently, with the DT100 having tighter restrictions, or the DT100 should perform the same as the DH5U but it's actually faulty.

So I'm hoping that someone on the forum will be able to confirm how their DT100 behaves so that I can figure out my next step. Thanks in advance. Tony.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've just ordered my own DT-100 and I will report back on whether I end up with the same problem. However I have a Sony 32" HDTV which I suspect it is HDCP compliant given that it is brand new, so my situation may not be applicable to yours.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for taking the trouble to post your reply Leo. I managed to borrow another DT100 and that worked fine when connected to the same TV, using the same HDMI cable. Having checked that the menu options were identical, it came down to the recorder being faulty and I've just sent it off to JVC for repair. Fingers crossed it will come back with the problem solved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts