AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Samsung Model LN32B, 32 inch HDTV. This is my first experience with HDTV of any sort. To minimze the cable mess I decided to use the HDMI hook up. When using HDMI the picture is jumpy and goes repeatedly from black to picture and back every few seconds.

I have had the Time Warner guys out and they replaced all the connectors, the cable box (Scientific Atlanta) and I got another HDMI cable. Same issue. Took the TV back and got a new one, same problem. TV works fine on component so Samsung technical support thinks the TV is fine.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
What resolution are you outputting from the Cable box to the TV?

Using the Info button on the Samsung remote does it confirm that you are receiving that resolution?

Are the TV and the cable box connected to the same wall outlet so that they have a common ground?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
With component were you also using 720p?

Is there any difference when watching 720p channels such as ABC,FOX or ESPN-HD or when watching 1080i channels such as CBS, NBC. PBS etc?

Is there any possibility of electrical interference from electric motors or from a power line lying alongside of your HDMI cable?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.