AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if this is the right place but i couldn't find anywhere else to post it.

I am using an HDMI to DVI cable to hook my Sony KDF-60XS955 to my pioneer TWC box. PQ looks great but evertime I switch HD channels the screen comes on with the audio but the video kind of glitches like it is being unscrambled and 3 secs later comes in. Another thing is that whenever the guide button is hit i get the guide but it has no info and takes up the entire left side of my screen. If anyone has any comments, recomendation or solution please let me know.

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have you check the settings menu to see what the out format setting is? I had a similar experience with my component cables. What happened was the output format was set to 480p, 720p and 1080i. Everytime I would switch to an HD channel I get the audio and then the video glitches just like you said. I changed the output format to just 1080i and that fixed my problem I'm using the scientific atlanta TWC HD box. Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the HDMI to DVI cable it does the option on the cable box settings does not even come up. When hooked with componet cables I have no problem and i can change output formats, but the HDMI to DVI cable for some reason takes that away.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If TWC in poughkeepsie is the same as in NYC you can't set the output format when using DVI.

Unplug the DVI and set the output format using component/s-video/composite connection. Then plug the DVI back in and it should use whatever output you chose.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm using TWC with the panny HD box, and DVI-HDMI cable.

Mine does about the same thing. When I switch to HD, it take a bit of time to come in(kinda comes in goes black then pops up). But for me the guide document switches to larger font and poor resolution and is REAL SLOW. The info on the bottom is same way.

But if I switch to standard TV, the thing jumps a bit and then everything else is fine, guide goes fast and the resolution of the guide is back to normal.

I was just under the impression that the cable box couldn't handle the extra info that was being sent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.