AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new problem with my AMPRO 4300...

Since yesterday, the [HELP] MENU doesn't work. This is the same with all codes which normally give information on the screen. The screen is black, all tubes are OFF.

On the remote control I see that I am in the [HELP] MENU because I can read "SELECT?" but I haven't any image about this MENU. Moreover,when I push on the arrow to exit I return to the movie...

Otherwise, I don't know if there is a link between the [TEST] and [HELP] menu but the [TEST] MENU works.

Strange, no?

What I have to do? Because it really difficult to adjust without the [HELP] menu...

Thanks

·
Registered
729 Posts
It sounds like you put the projector in silent mode or OSD off. Check the codes for that mode and toggle it off.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
You may need to reset the help screens. Try a 77 or 79 code from the remote.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The setup info for the help screens is stored on the CPU.

The channel setup info is also stored on the CPU.

The last two problems you have had are related to info stored on the CPU.

You may want to consider pulling the CPU out of the projector and reseating it into its slot. While it is out of the projector make sure all of the EPROM chips are secure in their sockets.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not too difficult and dangerous for my AMPRO to do that??

How I have to reset it? and what is the EPROM chips?

Moreover, after that, if everything is deleted, it is not to difficult for installing all parameters?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Reseat NOT reset. The CPU circuit board may be slightly loose and not making a good connection to the motherboard, or the chips on the board may not be pushed all the way in the sockets.

The settings are stored as long as the battery on the CPU is working, which brings up something else you need to test, the battery.

Procedure

1. Turn off the projector, and unplug it.

2. Unplug the remote.

3. Remove the two small screws from the back of the projector that hold the CPU circuit board in place (the CPU is the circuit board the remote plugs into).

4. Open up the case and the fold out trays.

5. Touch a metal part of the chassis to make sure you have no static electricity

6. Remove the CPU board by pulling it away from the motherboard.

7. Look at the square or rectangular chips that are in plastic sockets and push firmly on them to make sure they are completely seated in the holder.

8. If you have a voltmeter, test the battery (large rectangular plastic box) Should be 3.6 volts

9. Put the CPU back into the projector and make sure it is pushed all the way onto the mounting header.

10. Close and lock the trays, and close and lock the case.

11. Put the two screws back into the CPU and tighten.

12. Attach the remote.

13. Power on.

You should not lose any settings if the battery is good. If the battery is bad, you need to replace it or you will lose settings next week.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
lesushi,

In Bob's pictures the EPROMs have the stickers on them. These are what you need to push firmly on to make sure they are fully seated in the sockets.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Bob for the pics-

Thurman,

Each EPROM is fully seat in the sockets. So, it's good for that.

Otherwise I have 3.3 volts on the lithium battery.

Do you think it's enough? From my opinion I think so.

Jerome

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I would think that 3.3 v should be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.