AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Track 5 - L'Hotel Particulier - is just static noise in 5.1 DTS. Tried playing it on different blu-ray players, same thing. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

R

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razvanel  /t/1525094/problem-with-histoire-de-melody-nelson-in-5-1-dts-hd-ma-blu-ray-pure-audio#post_24549694

Track 5 - L'Hotel Particulier - is just static noise in 5.1 DTS. Tried playing it on different blu-ray players, same thing. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

R
Sorry to hear that. Never had a problem with that disc. Just to be sure I played track before posting. Sounds fine. Are you having the same problem with 2.0 or just 5.1?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just in DTS 5.1 and only if I let track 4 play and then track 5. If I play track 5 directly then I don't have a problem. I just read that someone in France has the same problem. PCM 5.1 is fine.

R

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sadly, I have the same issue with track 5 on 5.1 DTS-HD, and a bit of static in later tracks as well. An LG Blu-Ray player that may need to be pensioned off at this rate. However, the 5.1 96/24 PCM selection has no issues, and neither did the 2.0 version. But it has to be heard in surround. To me it sounded as though the 5.1 DTS-HD was sonically better than the 5.1 PCM, except for that nasty static, but it could just be the settings on my AVR

This is a great recording! It clearly influenced Beck's Sea Changes some 30 years later, and I heard aspects of Lou Reed's Transformer in it (or vice versa) as well.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well what a bummer...

Serge Gainsbourg's - Histoire De Melody Nelson does not appear to be available via the UK Universal Music 'Pure Audio' Store...
Have you tried Amazon UK? I picked my copy from Amazon US, and there are several sellers listed there, including Deep Discount. Came to under $25 with shipping. It was well worth the price. The surround mix is excellent.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Have you tried Amazon UK? I picked my copy from Amazon US, and there are several sellers listed there, including Deep Discount. Came to under $25 with shipping. It was well worth the price. The surround mix is excellent.
Yes... As of yesterday, only the CD was available. :(

I will check-out Amazon France and Germany this afternoon ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts