1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
problem with new HLD-X9 -help

finally set up my new hld-x9 - very excited

powered it on

the disply flashes continually and when I try to open the tray it makes a strange regular grinding noise

is there something preventing it opening for transit?

is there something I need to do

I am sure I'm being a total bonehead, but......help

pete

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hi Pete,

Figured it might be one of those. ;)

If it still under warrantee, and you can return it easily (not often the case), then that's your best solution. But since you've posted here, I assume not.

These players are sturdier than they look, as long as you keep fingers and tools away from the laser head, and are careful not to tear any of those ribbon strips: the one on the laser head can't be replaced or easily repaired. :(

First of all, I'd say that from the symptoms it sounds like a mechanical breakdown, which may well be something that either you or a ingenious local tech can repair just by deduction and reasonable trial and error.

I'd just pop off the lid (if you need more precise instructions, jot me off an e-mail). Then, once you've removed the side panels and shielding, you can slip your fingers (or aiming carefully, a screwdriver) and manually turn the plastic gears that open the drawer. Avoid forcing anything - there are a number of gear mechanisms in these (black/grey/white depending on where they are located.

- due to the grinding sound you describe, it could be that they jammed or got out of kilt, and will afterwards operate

- the easiest fix is if the drawer somehow got derailed: all you have to do is put it back on track, and you're up and running again.

- if not, maybe the metal support rails on which the drawer slides out are slightly bent from being jostled during shipping (the case with my XO) and these would therefore require forceful straightening (without damaging anything is so doing).

- another possibility would be that your laserhead is starting on side A but the small plastic mechanical switch (blue in the LD-S9) on the inside of the back panel is telling it to play side B.

- possibly your laserhead is stuck in the top position (side B) and therefore can't start to Play on side A. It can be gently spun back down to its low position by turning the tiny white gear next to its roller (real slow to do).

Anyways, feel free to keep me posted - I'll ask for other tips when I visit my local tech who really knows his stuff.

Best of luck,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.