AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Japanese model with about 20 hours on it. Today when I turned on the prjector, it had a white vertical line on the left side of the screen. Sometimes the line blinks and sometimes it is constant. When I pull out all signal wires the line still remains. When there is no signal at all the line disapears but when i hit the focus, menu button or give some kind of signal the line reappears. Also if I change the view from Full, Normal, or Thorough, the line remains in the same spot and does not move with the picture.

If anybody knows what the problem is, then please let me know.

Jack K thanks

· Registered
1,876 Posts
If I were you I'd send back the projector ASAP while they still recognize you have an out of box failure and try to get them to give you a new projector.

I was lucky to buy a Japanese Marantz with absolutly no problems but not all have been so fortunate. I still think that it sounds like there is some type of shipping damage involved. My projector was not double boxed, so I was just plain lucky that nothing happened. I would not send something fragile packed like that even to a US destination. If your pj was not double boxed with foam between the boxes insist that it is on its return trip back to you.

· Registered
3,084 Posts
Jack,

I agree with Carl. Send it back ASAP. I sent my first Marantz back after it had 12 rows of stuck pixels after 5 or so hours and got a new unit. Second unit had a pixel/mirror die in the middle of the screen after 100 hours and it also had a small problem with wavy lines in the background on most signals. It is now in Japan for warranty repair. This projector puts out a great image but it could be built just a bit sturdier.

Mike

· Registered
917 Posts
Jack,

SEND IT BACK! You obviously have a defective unit. Listen to Mike, he's had the worst of the experiences with the Marantz so far. When returning, remind them of what Carl stated, "out of box failure". This statement seems to go a long way when returning things.

Best of luck to you!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all of you for your replies.

I already contacted my supplier and my projector will go back for repaires next week on tuesday.

Mike in your experiance how long do you think it will take?

Thanks again

Jack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.