AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to program my MX-700 that came with my Parasound C 2 controller.

After spending a lot of time learning codes from my Bravo DVD player and Dwin projector, everything seemed to be working fine. That is until I actually turned the Parasound on as well (which had its codes all preprogrammed into the remote).

The problem is that everytime I hit the "DVD" button, or the "DWIN" button on the MAIN page, the Parasound actually changes inputs!!

It does this for every item on the MAIN page, even ones that I don't use, such as "VCR" etc.

I wouldn't think that the remote would even put out a signal when I am merely trying to switch devices from the main page.

What's going on???

Thanks!

·
Registered
548 Posts
You can program the MX-700 to put out something on any button. For example when I hit the DVD button, in addition to going to the DVD menu, it ensures that the DVD, the Receiver, and the TV are all on and that the Receiver and TV are properly set up for watching DVD. Same with watching Cable, Listening to the Radio etc.

Double check that you didn't assign anything to those buttons if you don't want anything being output. It won't output anything unless there are codes assigned there. If you see an 'M' or a red dot or an arrow on the button, then something is assigned to that button.

If you want to email me your .mxf file I'l be happy to look at it ([email protected])

·
Registered
220 Posts
It sounds like you put codes or macros on the MAIN LCD buttons? If not, they don't send any IR code and nothing would happen. If you would like, email me your .mxf file and I'll be happy to take a look, and make the necessary changes to get this fixed for you - [email protected]

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

Last night I went in and sure enough, somehow macros were on the main LCD buttons. I "thought" I had deleted the macros, but when I tried it again, the C 2 would still change inputs every time I tried to switch devices.

I think the remote must have been pre-programmed with the macros for the parasound. It doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, all I have to do now is figure out how to email my .mxf file and I will GLADLY do so!

Thanks!

Edit: ok, I found the file, so I will email it.

:)

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am a bit embarrassed, as I just took a look at the file and the macros are still there!???

Perhaps I didn't save it properly?

I think I will play with this a little more before emailing the file.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Highlight the button with the macro, delete each of the steps in the macro and hit the "SAVE" button in the "Macro & Favorite" panel. The "M" designation on the button should disappear. Then download to the remote.

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mike!

What does it mean when it says "PT" on a button?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Rob,

The PT stands for Punch Through.
Quote:
MX Editor Programming Manual
A PT flag indicates that the button is programmed to “Punch Through†to another device.

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks David. That makes sense since the buttons marked "PT" are the volume and mute control for the parasound.

I was finally able to disable the Macros that were causing the C 2 to switch inputs when switching to another device.

Everything seems to be working well now.

The next step will be to get more creative and start creating a couple of macros.

Thanks for all the help (and patience)!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.