AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a strange problem with my ps3. Its an old 60gb one, I've never had any issues with it before now. I wanted to watch a DVD yesterday and it wouldn't pull it all the way in, leaving the disc a inch or so out, the ps3 doesn't make any funny noises while this is happening, just the typical sound it makes when attempting to pull a disc in. I push the disc in and it plays, meaning the ps3 has no problem reading discs or playing them. Also it didn't take a heap of force to push it in, it was just a bit of a nudge and it pulled the rest of the disc in. funny thing about it is that ONLY this particular DVD has this issue! I tested a jackass DVD, red dead redemption ps3 game and a punisher ps2 game - and the ps3 pulled them all in first go and they began playing. its just really confusing, is there a problem with my ps3? will it soon not pull any discs in? or was it a random problem which will just solve itself and not get any worse? or was it a problem with the disc?

Thanks guys

Lozza

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
unplug it for 8 days and 4 hours

·
Registered
771 Posts
if it plays every other disc fine then its the disc not your console.

·
Registered
771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozza92 /forum/post/19532320

Funny thing is it plays the problem disc as well, it just has trouble pulling it into the console.

is it a copied disc and maybe some thicker labels on it ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I remember this happening to my little brother, although he has the 120gb slim guy. All we did after he told me what was wrong was just use some compressed air and gave it a good vacuuming job and it seemed to have fixed the problem. His lil 120gb makes some funny noises while inserting or removing a disc. Hope this helps your situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.