AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

First let me say that though this is my first post, I've been here for quite a while. Tonight I walked in and turned on the TV, (Yes it's a rear projection tv, but please, hear me out.) And i noticed that the red was WAY off, particularly in the bottom left corner. convergence doesn't come close to fixing it. I removed the rear cover to see if there was anything obvious, that's when I noticed that the red seems bent for lack of a better word. In other words, not just out of alignment.

That is taken from the back of the TV. The mirror appears fine, and everything seems to be bolted down still. Any ideas? I have some great plans for a small, living room HT in the near future, but my wife and I just built this house and I have some other things to do before I start sawing! I can't pop for the LCD just yet, so I wanna save this thing if I can.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
I say something is wrong with the convergence circuit for the red channel. MacGyver might be able to help you out. Post this over on Curtpalmes forum web site with the model number in the thread tittle. Hes over there Much more than here.

Athanasios

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Done... Thanks. I'll keep a sharp eye on both posts!!

*EDIT* I did some looking around and I have ordered he convergence amp IC's and replacement resistors. From what I read here that should do it as this was the EXACT problem I am having.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts