AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an odd problem with my new Pioneer Elite vsx-21txh

It works perfectly when on, but I cannot turn the receiver on using the remote control it came with (or with my harmony 880).... only AFTER turning it on manually by pressing the on button on the receiver itself will the power function of the remote work.

it will continue to work for a short while, but after about an hour or 2, it will behave the same again.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did you turn it OFF with the remote? You may be putting the receiver in full off, instead of standby, if you use the button to turn it off instead of the remote. Or, perhaps there is a power-saving feature that suspends it from standby to full off in order to save power.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armerius /forum/post/17048951

I'm having an odd problem with my new Pioneer Elite vsx-21txh . . . I cannot turn the receiver on using the remote control it came with (or with my harmony 880)

I occasionally had the same problem not being able to turn on my new VSX21 with either its Pioneer remote or my Harmony One remote. Even the Help button on the Harmony wouldn't turn on the receiver. I had to manually push the button on the front of the receiver to get it to start.

I read somewhere in another Pioneer forum that turning the Kurolink setting ON solved the problem for other Pioneer owners. So, I turned my Kurolink from OFF back to ON and that has seemed to correct my remote control problems. You might want to check your receiver's Kurolink setting. If it is OFF then try Kurolink ON and see if it solves your problem, too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts